Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Going to Maine

Yeah, so I'm going to Maine the last week in July for a rafting trip with some of the folks from the training class (as well as some other people). I think this is going to be a good time. I had a few ideas for things this summer, and this is the direction that I'm going to go.

Today I filled out a "time off" sheet and handed it to my supervisior saying "I want to be off on these days, and furthermore I want to be compensated for the time that I'm gone." After telling me "that's quite a demand there" the days were approved and it's all but official (I still have to buy plane tickets).

It looks like I'm going the AirTran route because it's far and away the cheapest. Evidently, it's far and away the most logical route too, because both trips between Seattle and Boston connect in Atlanta. I guess that "The A" is AirTran's only hub, so what can I say?

I'm flying in Thursday, we're going to Maine on Friday, rafting on Saturday, and going back Sunday. I'm thinking that I'm going to fly back Wednesday though, because I want to catch a Red Sox game at Fenway that Tuesday night.

This should be fun. I figure by that time I'll be wanting another vacation, and the folks in the office will prolly be needing a break from me as well.

The boss put me in "timeout" yesterday because I was being disruptive. I don't know if it was the singing of "Superman" at my desk, the throwing of paper airplanes across the office, or toking a camel wide while I did the above, but she was none too amused. She said "Peacock, if you're not going to work, you should just go home." I said "I thought you told me I had to come in because I wasn't getting my work done at home." She paused for a second, "touche'" written across her face. She didn't want to tell me I had a point, but her face gave her away. Instead she said "OK, go sit in the corner and think about what you've done." I felt kind of stupid. A college graduate being placed in timeout by his boss, only for being himself. Some smartass threw one of my paper airplanes at me while I was facing the wall. It hit me right in the back of the head. I got up and beat the living the shit out of that girl. It took three cops to finally sedate me, and I got to ride in the back of their cop car. It all worked out pretty well though, because I had to go to the police station anyway to pick up an incident report for yet another theft loss.

No comments: