Friday, June 19, 2009

To Update

From a few posts below:

It's been two weeks and I have yet to see my $40.00 show up at my office. I think I may have gotten worked.

That's really too bad. I thought that I was doing a good thing at the time, helping someone out who was genuinely in need. But now it looks like my kindness may have been taken advantage of. It would be nice to get it back, but I'm no longer holding my breath.


It was 97 degrees in Atlanta today. I climbed onto a roof around 2:30pm. It was so hot that I could feel literally feel the heat rising up through my shoes, and found myself shifting my feet around wondering if I was going to get burned. They call it "Hotlanta" for a reason. But it's hardly the hottest city in the country. Phoenix and Tucson in Arizona are renowned for their "dry heat", but I've always heard that Houston is the "hottest" city in America. I can believe it too, from the three weeks I spent down there last November. I can only imagine that place in August. Some people also say that Atlanta traffic is the worst in the country, but I know that isn't true. Traffic is worse in Houston and Seattle, those two I can personally vouch for. Boston and New York are also infamous for having some of the worst traffic in America. I guess the point is that what seems bad here is worse in Houston (haha).... Or better put, it's always worse somewhere else. And while nobody wants to deal with unbearable heat, anyone who tells you that they'd rather be cold than hot has never REALLY been cold. But get this, here's something I never knew. I learned this from a "Welcome to Atlanta" book I picked up right around this time last year. The city of Atlanta actually has more days during the year where the temp is under 32 degrees than over 90 degrees.

So I guess we have misconceptions here about heat, traffic, and the veracity of someone's promise to pay back $40.00 borrowed in a grocery store parking lot.

No comments: